Dec 30, 2013

If you can understand the me, I can understand the you

What are we looking for in a partner? What does the word understanding mean? How do you understand someone?

Let me ask one question and yes I don't have an answer to it but still I am raising it. We all expect our partners to understand us and accept us.The question is how can someone understand me when firstly I haven't understood or known myself. Similarly how can I understand someone else before figuring myself out. Is this a realistic expectation ? How can it be and we all know what exceptions do to us. They kill the joy.

I guess we need to understand ourselves before we claim to understand anyone else or even try to do so? What say? Share your thoughts? Will you share your understanding?

And while the thought ran in my head I remember a line from Metallica I heard long ago  ago

"If you can understand the me, I can understand the you"

No comments: