Nov 2, 2005

Changing times....my life changes

Well life ain't the same n thats what life is.
There is only one thing certain about life that everything is uncertain.
Just like water, even life begins to stench when stagnated.
Like it or not but the truth is that chage is eternal but being a normal human being which I am I tend to forget it often. Then starts the process to resist the change and longer it takes to adopt and greater is the pain.


So this time around I was prepared for this big change in life.
I have accepted to this uncertanity associated with my job as a software engineer and just as expected yesterday night wasnot a pain at all.
Why was yesterday night important. It was one night I used to count days till. It was Deepawali, the biggest festival I can think of as a reason for celebration.

As a kid deepawali meant planning for months to buy those firecrackers, to wear new clothes, sweets and illuminations. Imagine whole of the city illuminated with candles, and earthern lamps and electric lights. Yes its a festivity any kid in India can't just forget.
But times did change. After the school days, I left out to pursue my bachelor's in engineering. Stayed in the university for four years and then after than enrolled for my master's in IIT. I spent six years between those two institutios but never did I miss one diwali in any form beacuse I was with my family back in Dehradun.
Sometimes brother and sister joined too with their kids but even if they didn't it was like no different because maa and papa were always thr by my side.
Though it was always a pleasure to celebrate the Diwali with everyone.

But after I passed out of IIT and came of to bangalore things changed. I was already working for 3-4 months when the Dipawali came up. For the first time in my life I was celebrating life without maa and papa, but yes this time around my sis n jiju were in bangalore so no issues. It was fun to celebrate though I missed the old times.

And then this diwali the simple world even complicated further. I am here in Singapore not very far away from Singapore but none from the family to celebrate this time. Nothing really happens and this diwali becomes like just another day of life. Quiet obvious like and quiet time, hanging out with another some one who was trying to kill his time coz he was out there like me celebrating Diwali.

So what becomes of Diwali.
Cleaning up the room including wiping the floor till 4 pm. Yes I know it sucks but mama used to do it so its kind of obvious to clean up as much as you can. Something you just do because you see your parents doing and cleanliness whatever I say I have to admit, I feel uncomfortable living without.
After that what to do catches you up. So you walk to the office. The same place where you spend the most time everyday. Then you work for few hours to be precise till 9 PM. In between you somoke and go out to buy phone cards to call everyone back in India.
@9PM you head to the eating destination where they serve good food and you like to eat though its a bit expensive but isn't it diwali.
"Pamper Yourself" boss says sometimes.
2 beers, 1 to be precise half bootle of Kingfisher small one and half of the Tiger, Maa ke Daal, Navratom Korma, Naans, Paneer Pakoda and Onion Pakoda's.

Click three snaps, take a cab and go home.


That's a new deepawali.
No its not that bad, but the thing is I still feel it would had been better had i been with friends or best if friends are reaplced by family.

But thats growing up. Because times change.
And we must grow up to know that they do.
Living independently celebrating alone is one that I am still to learn.

I can recall "Time is the teacher ", and I will learn.

May be next year I will be smart enought to light candles to know the diwali needs to be celebrated come whatever or may be I will be back with friends.

No comments: