Jan 16, 2005

new place new woes..lessons from life

I still remember, my dad saying to me "Son life is the biggest classroom and u just can't walk out of it..N life's lessons are for all". Today another such lession was taught by life.

Out in Singapore with my just out of college attitude I was searching for a house with my friends. Nops thats not right, in fact they were searching for a house and I was with them. And then just before we were about to sign the agreement, I just asked the brokers(two of them, one who represented us and the other one who represented the owner) what if we have to leave the place beofre the sipulated time..and to my shock it was totally different from what we had thought about it. We were supposed to pay 9 months rent watever months we stayed and that was strange. Especially when I knew that we were sure about is 6 months in Singapore. That was a shock. We even knew there is a contract here which allows u to loose ur deposit if u break the contract.
And we paid some SGD $900 for the house..and I consider them as bad debts.
And we just walked out safely of what could had been a worst thing to end out stay here.

Lots of things happenned in between phone calls to bosses n their bosses and lots of discussions, and then what ended the day was a bad impressions of ours about the uncertanity and the employer of ours. But thats the truth the plane truth and thats what it is.
But today when I think about it. Am happy I was happy n I talked and I know cause i talked...and its not that the company is bad..u c how can somebody gurantee u something..when even they are not very sure about it..simple.thats what business is and risk.but right said my manager..a software engineer's life is like the life of a nomad..u go where the pasteurs are greener..on and off site..and thats what life is.

Lesson is do all that you can and do it urself if u can.

This morning we have paid a deposit for a house in Bukit Panjang 3+1 Apartment as they say in Singapore. And to be very frank its going to be the best house I have ever stayed in. Swimmin pools, BBQ, air con in all rooms, 3 baths and huge..fully furnished..some luxary in life is not a bad idea at all

No comments: