May 26, 2005

"WELCOME TO THE MACHINE"

Pink Floyd's version of life seems pretty appropriate to start up a day n to blog early morning sitting at the client's place waiting for the more experienced and more responsible people to arrive, beacause being the youngest one you own the code you WRITE; you BEAR the responsibility when it fails; you literally OWE EXPLANATIONS for everything about it but you cannot decide or take a decision about changing and manipulating it because you are a novice.
So here I am waiting for people to take decisions and then act upon them. In fact this makes life simpler for me. Come whatever I shall not, or I can't that's more proper say or do something unless asked to do...that's y I said welcome to the machine.

But working late in the offices has kind of become a routine. Boss ,mockingly says "Project NEEND Mangta hai"..literally meaning "Project demands for reduction in sleeping hours of the team". And not only sleep, I am here having put up my life over it. But sometimes I really wonder is it really required. It will at max get me into the god books of my boss, my employer's would be happy(nah they won't be project is not doing great financially)..but how does it matter!!

Nothing really is the outcome.
Nothing which will come out of these efforts will matter. But still motivating yourself day after day to pump up, to concentrate to work better, sometimes as on this Thursday morning feels worthless, pointless, needless and last but not the least meaningless.

struggled hard to go back home after diagnosing and rectifying a fault, as usual skipped the dinner because there was more promises and responsibility I had taken up. I had promised that I would come to office early and here I was at 8:15 AM. Never had been in any goddamn office any time..its been some time now since I have been working..not much but yes one year now. And what do I do after coming here nothing...am blogging...no work to do. All waiting for my boss to come. One mid size boss who has am empty head speaking something easy to zap him...and I did and other responsible ones, I answered politely and acting on my advice am sitting here for almost an hour doing no work and waiting for my boss.

The batch job (which is not yet set to run automatically, I wanted it to be run manually) was supposed to run at 9 AM. Another new requirement hit me last night as well.

So am waiting and waiting and waiting...pondering and thinking...welcome to the machine.

Some questions I can't find answers whenever I think about and hence fear now ....leave those questions behind...big boss called up

instructed all the small mid size bosses and without thinking I wait for the next assignment. They say the batch has to run at mid day..not a problem..when I can run it yesterday I can run it today.

Nothing much nothing less keep blogging keep surfing..waste time..work little..show more ...don't take responsibility..boast more..and I think u will enjoy life more, yes life coz for me there ain't any life in between left. May be you will have more friends, you will sleep longer, live life on your own terms.

Adios!!

MECHANICAL CRAZY MOODY NERD.

No comments: